By Hayley Dumesnil
This past Friday and Saturday the Guard track team traveled to Springtown to compete at the TAPPS Regional Track Meet.
The Guard did very well and here are the results of the people who qualified for the State Track Meet, which will be later this week at Baylor University.
- Jacob Dumesnil finished 2nd in 100 meter dash
- Alex Hale placed 2nd in high jump
- Logan Walters got 2nd in discus & 1st in shot
- Lily Cool advances to state with a 3rd place in pole vault
- Evan Hayes qualified for state with 4th place in pole vault
- Maddi Travis finished 2nd in high jump
- Kris McCune sails on to the state meet after finishing 3rd in triple jump
- The Men’s 4×100 meter relay team races to the state meet after placing 1st at regionals
- Victor Loolo is headed to the state meet after placing 4th in 200 meter dash